Wednesday, September 12, 2007




We had a work party on Tuesday (September 11th) at Hebo to help the Forest Service put together the new baffles that will replace the old ones we removed from the Schooner Creek Fish Trap last month. There was lots of measuring, lifting and hauling and our group didn't do too bad for a bunch of old guys. If you wonder why I am included in these work groups, well, sometimes I do too. However, they needed a "Shadow Thrower" which is someone who blocks the sun so they can see the marks on the boards to cut. I throw a mean shadow. Also, there is the cord holder to make sure the cord doesn't get in the way of the saw. I think I was good enough at this that I could put it on my resume if I ever have to look for another job (God forbid). Also, who else would be there to record our good deeds and keep us honest that isn't busy working? Anyway, that justifies my need.

A note, however. We worked really hard removing these baffles from the Fish Trap and we worked pretty hard yesterday. Everyone is in agreement that installing them will be the most difficult job. Hopefully, we will get a good turnout when the date is set for this project as the more we have on the "assembly line", the easier it will be for everyone.

First Lady

No comments: