Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beverly Beach Cleanup



The big Oregon beach cleanup day for SOLV was Saturday, March 28th, and the LVH Fishing Club was right there helping out. Weather was miserable but thanks to Ellie's expert guidance we got the job done and were back drinking coffee in no time. No problem except John's flat tire but his crew had it changed in nothing flat (no pun intended).

As an additional note: I had a call from Bill and Matt about 12:30 asking me to pick them up. Apparently they started walking from just north of the Moolack Motel and kept walking north thinking they would run into some of us. They walked all the way to the Beverly Beach campground and didn't see anyone (we were all back home by 11:00 am, nice and warm and cozy). I went down to pick them up and unfortunately didn't have my camera because they really did look like a couple of drowned rats. I think they should get the "Super Trouper" award for this outing, bless their cold, wet hearts.

No comments: