Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yaquina produced Tuesday & Other Fishing Stories >>>>

Hello Friends >< Check out this “Fishing Story’ from our Good Pal >< Brother Mike Samples >>>>

 

P>S>> I actually think, Mike was sober when this all happened !~!~!~!                 THE HOOK

 


From: Mike Samples

 

Subject: Re: Yaquina produced Tuesday & Other Fishing Stories >>>>>

 

 

And now for the rest of the story.  Yesterday I was fishing the Yaquina alongside Tom and Jason.  I watched Tom land his fish and was happy to see a nice bright 31.5 pounder.  A little later Jason hooked one and again I watched him land his 8.5 pound super Jack.  I decided to move up river to some water that had not been fished.  I set my gear and within 2 minutes I had a fish on.  This was a nice (20lb class ) fish mint bright as they all are in the lower river.  I played the fish and was bringing it to the net when out of nowhere Mr. Seal made his appearance and grabbed my fish by the belly.  It was all over then.  All my gear and my fish went bye bye with that *&%)(* SEAL.  Ok, I was a little upset but thought it was a fluke and would never happen again.  Today I had Hugh Mayes my old neighbor come down from McMinville and fish with me expecting to have a great day.  We fished all morning with nothing.  We decided to move up river.  I told Hugh we were in my honey hole and to expect a take down if there were any fish around.  About 2 minutes later his rod went off and the fight was on.  We brought the fish to the boat but it wasn't finished and took another run.  I started to chase the fish with the boat and all of a sudden, the guys in the crabbing boat just outside of us started pointing.  Guess what?  Mr. Seal had returned and took yet another nice Chinook by the belly all the gear and there we were with egg on our face.  That is two in a row on two days.  I am now afraid to even go out as my fishing adventures this year are a little suspect.  Oh yes, prior to leaving the dock this morning both of my motors failed and had to put the boat back on the trailer and head for the shop.  In less than an hour we were back on the water to face our demons.

 

Now you have heard the rest of the story !~!~!~!                   Mike

 


From: Big Fish [mailto:lvhfishclub@gmail.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:28 AM
Subject: Yaquina produced Tuesday!

 

This in from Tom Simpson.......Way to go Tom !!  A note to Mike Samples...We are waiting for your story!!!!

 

Jason M and I fished low in the river yesterday and it produced a couple of nooks for the new Spoiled Daddy.  The one in the picture hit while I was setting the line, which for me is probably the most exciting part of the fight.  I love the feeling when a big fish wacks a rig while your holding the rod.  Standard gear, herring behind a flasher.  This one weighed 31 1/2 lbs.  Jason's was a little smaller.  Jason fought and lost another fish as well. 

 

Be sure to ask Mike Samples about his fishing adventures on Tuesday.  I wouldn't dare try to tell his story!   Tom

 

 

 

 

No comments: