Friday, April 18, 2008

ROCKFISH TAGGING TRIP 04/17/08

This from Big Fish:

Not many trips left if you want to join in the fun. Linda Reed and Bernie Cooperstein went today and here is the report.

Just got home and shared my day with my husband Lou who can’t fish any longer due to his disabilities. He wants me to get out and do these when I can, perhaps for him in pseudo fashion?

Bernie and I were part of the Misty crew of 10 I believe?

Weather while cool was great and the seas calm in the morning. Come afternoon, the temps started dropping, the wind picked up and of course the waves and swells made me look like a drunk wandering back and forth when tagging and weighing cod.

Bernie and I caught so many fish we lost count after about 10 each. Never lost track of my fish before. Unreal catching instead of fishing day. LOL

Some small fish and special other species we had to release when we or the others caught them. Some died after being caught and became "floaters".

One man broke his personal Loomis rod in half during the afternoon. We used their Ugly sticks and spinning reels and the tangles were not bad overall with everyone today.

We were told they tagged 225 today and probably won't need to go out as much as initially planned to reach 3,000 tagged cod.

It was a fun day and we met some nice fishermen in the process. I would do it again if my schedule allows it?

Thanks for the opportunity to get on the "big blue" on a decent day with good people for lots of fun and a new experience.

Linda

Bernie adds –

It was an excellent day to be on the ocean; sunny all day and almost
calm seas. 225 black rockfish were tagged, and at least 20 other fish
were caught and released. Thanks for asking me to go.

Bernie

No comments: