Sunday, July 06, 2008

SOME FISHY POETRY !!!

A FISHY POEM …………..

 

Hello Pard’s >><< I just ran across this poem written by a guy named Scott Starbuck. It is entitled, “Dream of the Peasant’s Revolt” >>< Hope you enjoy it >>>>>>>>>  

 

So, two guys in suits arrive,

Flash their badges,

And say they are from

The Secret Service…..  

 

They say the President

wants to fish here

and for security purposes

I must leave…..

 

“But this is America,” I say,

“Taxpayers own this river and

I have been fishing this spot

For thirty years.”

 

“We understand, but you still have to go.”

says the short one.

So I Go, but before I do ……

I heave “Five Stones” in the River ……

 

I think I would enjoy Fishing with Scott. However, I would have entitled his Poem, “Five Stones in the River” !!! ……. THE HOOK

 

 

   

No comments: