Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NEW LEFT KNEE DEPARTMENT & Other Stuff >>>>>

THE NEW LEFT KNEE DEPARTMENT >< STATUS REPORT >>>>>>> 23 November 2K10

 

Just In from our Dear Friend >< RON THOMAS >< Let’s continue to hold Ron & Jacky close until we get him back on his pins !~!~!

 

Special Thanks to All of Ron & Jacky’s many LVH Friends >< Who have been & continue to be so Helpful >>>>  

 

We all remain optimistic, that we can have them both as Guests at our December FC Breakfast Meeting >>>> THE HOOK

 


From: Ron Thomas      Subject:  NEW LEFT KNEE DEPARTMENT & Other Stuff >>>>>

 

(A reply to John Spangler about my knee. Sharing it with all of you)

 

John,

 

Whenever I undertake something I always seem to find the hardest way to do it and so this infection seems like just a normal sequence of events. Just keep plodding and eventually it will all work out. 

 

There is a nagging dull ache just enough to forestall sleep and make any position I find myself in uncomfortable. For those minor oweees we have invented low dose oxicondone which works after a fashion.

 

Mostly, I miss chasing around the nurses because I'm not fast enough... Since Ben Davi is a nurse he is probably quite relieved that this is so don't you think?

 

Ellie has taken on a lions share of shopping for us and she brings good stuff like cherry pie and ice cream all Dr. recommended items used to cure infections. If you wanted a good friend you would sure find it hard to find a better one.

 

Jim Rose has made deliveries of ice on an almost daily basis because the therapist is intent on giving the knee frostbite. Perversely, I enjoy inflicting a bit of pain on that joint in retribution for all that it has done for me. I had a water valve that needed to be closed to keep outdoor plumbing from bursting pipes. Jim took care of that for us.

 

In our community there seems to be an unending supply of good Samaritans... 

 

I'm well you all and on the mend.
Ron Thomas


 

No comments: